on the results of the International Forum «Space days in Kazakhstan:
25th anniversary of Kazcosmos»
On May 23 and 24, 2018, the International Forum "Space days in Kazakhstan: the 25th anniversary of Kazcosmos" was held in Astana.
This year, the International Forum "Space days in Kazakhstan" was held for the first time within the framework of the V International Exhibition of Armament and Military-Technical Property "KADEX- 2018» organized by the Ministry of defense and aerospace industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The purpose of the Forum is the exchange of advanced world experience in using the results of space activities to solve the problems of the economic sectors, as well as popularizing the achievements of the domestic space sector.
The Forum has proved itself in the domestic and international communities as an effective platform for discussing the most pressing issues of space activities, it has become already traditional and since 2013 is held annually.
More than 500 representatives of space agencies and state bodies, astronauts, famous scientists, specialists of leading world companies in the field of space technologies from 23 countries took part in the event.
During the plenary session, presentations were made by leaders of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, the State Space Agency of Ukraine, the French company Airbus Defense and Space, the Italian company Thales Alenia Space Italia, the Luxembourg company SES Networks, the Russian company ISS named after Academician M.F. Reshetnev, the Spanish company Deimos Imaging, American companies Planet and Hexagon Geospatial.
A ceremony of stamping a postage stamp dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the creation of Kazcosmos with a special postmark on the envelope of the first day with the emblem "KADEX - 2018" was held.
The video greetings of the crew of the International Space Station were shown and the presentation of medals "For Contribution to the Development of Space Activities" was handed to cosmonauts of Kazakhstan, as well as to foreign strategic partners.
The work of the International forum was held in 4 sections with master classes on such topics as:
1 section "Remote sensing of the Earth and navigation"
In the framework of this section, 17 reports were delivered, in which speakers from different countries shared their own experience in the use of remote sensing technology and high-precision satellite navigation systems (HPSNS) in the sectors of economy, defense and security, as well as a vision of the prospects and trends in remote sensing and HPSNS for today.
Experts from Kazakhstan, France, Spain, the Russian Federation, the United States, India and Belarus presented their presentations and reports on this topic.
2 section "Communication and telecommunications"
In this section, 13 reports of specialists from Italy, Russia, the USA, France, Germany and Luxembourg were heard and discussed.
The participants of the section exchanged views on topical issues of the development of space communications, satellite equipment, space systems, shared their experience in mastering new technologies in the field of satellite communications.
3 section "Production of space technology"
Within the framework of this section, 8 reports were heard, including the leading world manufacturers of space technology: AIRBUS D & S (France), Thales Alenia Space (Italy), Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd. (Great Britain), Satrec Initiative (South Korea), Antrix Corporation (India), JSC "Information Satellite Systems named after academician M.F. Reshetnev"(Russia).
The modern trends in the development of space technology were considered: the desire for multifunctionality, the reduction of dimensions, the use of innovative materials, the creation of large groupings, the desire for cooperation on space programs in the world.
Also, a report of LLP "Ghalam" (RK) on the testing of the nanosatellite KazSciSat in the Special Design and Technology Bureau at the National Space Center in Astana was heard.
4 section "Launch services"
In this section, 7 reports were heard. Kazakh and Russian colleagues discussed the implementation of the joint project to create the Baiterek space missile complex, as well as the issues of ensuring the environmental safety of space launches from the Baikonur cosmodrome.
Within the framework of the International Forum, the first session of the Eurasian Aerospace Congress was held - the Eurasian Aerospace Conference: "Modern trends in international cooperation in the aerospace sphere", organized by the Eurasian partnership of aerospace clusters and MoAP. During the discussion leading experts, scientists, heads of enterprises of the aerospace industry of Kazakhstan, Russia, China, France, Germany discussed new trends in the development of the aerospace industry and promising areas of international cooperation. 10 reports were heard.
In the pavilion "Space" was the presentation of remote sensing and navigation with the participation of representatives of Airbus Defense and Space companies, Deimos Imaging and others. 5 reports were presented.
In total, 60 reports were presented, which indicates the effectiveness of all sections.
A meeting of the Interstate Working group on preparation of proposals for the draft Interstate program "Integrated system of member states of the Eurasian Economic Union for the production and provision of space and geoinformation services on the basis of national Remote sensing data sources" was also held.
Within the framework of the meeting, issues on the draft Interstate Program and its feasibility study were considered.
Following the meeting, the following decisions were made:
- prepare a position to include in the Interstate program of a project aimed at the creation of an ERS space system of the member states of the EEU based on medium and high-resolution spacecraft, the development and production of which are carried out in the cooperation of enterprises of the countries of the Union;
- prepare information on the design appearance and cost estimation of the medium-resolution spacecraft (Kazakhstan), high-resolution spacecraft (Russia, Belarus) proposed for the perspective joint orbital grouping of the countries of the EEU;
- prepare information in the Feasibility Study of the Interstate program on the technical content and cost evaluation of the project "Modernization of the software and hardware complexes for receiving remote sensing data of the national operators of the EEU countries from the orbital grouping of the spacecrafts created within the framework of national space programs";
- prepare an official position on the readiness to assume the functions of the national customer - the coordinator of the Interstate program.
During the International forum meetings were held with both current and potential partners.
The Minister of Defense and aerospace industry of Kazakhstan, Beibut Atamkulov, held bilateral meetings with the President of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency Hiroshi Yamakawa and with the General Director of the Royal Geographical Center of Jordan named after King Abdullah II Auni Hasaouni.
The Vice Minister of Defense and aerospace industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan Marat Nurguzhin, the leadership of the Aerospace committee of the Ministry of Defense and aerospace industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and organizations under his supervision held 50 meetings.
A number of official documents were also signed, including:
- Minutes of the meeting between the representatives of the Ministry of Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Defense, as well as the National Space Administration of the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- Renewal of the Contract for the international distribution of images from the satellites KazEOSat-1, KazEOSat-2 between JSC “NC “Kazakstan Gharysh Sapary” and Airbus Defense and Space (France);
- The roadmap for the development of cooperation between JSC “NC “Kazakstan Gharysh Sapary” and the Hexagon Geospatial company (USA);
- Memorandum of Understanding between JSC “NC “Kazakstan Gharysh Sapary” and the Planet Labs company (USA);
- Memorandum on cooperation between JSC “NC “Kazakstan Gharysh Sapary” and EOS Data Analytics (USA);
- Memorandum of Cooperation between JSC “NC “Kazakstan Gharysh Sapary” and Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Center (UAE).
The final information (reports, presentations, photos) about the forum is available on the website www.gharysh.kz/forum2018.
Participants of the sections of the International Forum consider that the exchange of opinions and experience was productive. The results of joint work are reflected in the following decisions and recommendations:
in the part of the use of remote sensing and navigation technologies, space communications:
- continue cooperation with the leading companies on the use of ERS and HPSNS technologies in the interests of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and for national security purposes;
- strengthen cooperation on the joint creation of new technologies, as well as the development of local production of Earth remote sensing and communication satellites;
- summarize the proposals of leading companies and submit to the Aerospace Committee of the MDAI of the RК analytical materials with proposals for the development of space communication systems, remote sensing and HPSNS;
- to create new cooperation and combine the capabilities of the Earth remote sensing system of different countries on the basis of the Unified Technology Platform;
- to pay more attention to the development of a service to provide access to remote sensing information from a small spacecraft "Aist-2D";
- to study the possibility and prepare proposals on the implementation of joint pilot civil projects of Russia and Kazakhstan in the development of a multi-level operational remote sensing system;
- continue work on the creation of geoinformation systems for monitoring emergency situations, seismic regions, mineral deposits, oil spills, as well as for monitoring agricultural land and crop production volumes, bio-hazards;
- continue work on the creation of an emergency call system in case of accidents on the basis of GPS/GLONASS technologies;
- continue work on the creation and implementation of the Unified System for Electronic Monitoring of Customs Cargo, focused on the integration of the work of the countries participating in the ECCA-transit project;
- continue work on the implementation of the Interstate Radio Navigation Program of the CIS member states;
- continue work on the implementation of the project "Creation of a hardware-software complex for managing international transport transit corridors passing through the territories of the CIS member states based on modern information and communication technologies".
in the part of the production of space technology:
- continue cooperation with leading companies on the development of space technology in the interests of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- continue cooperation on current projects and direct efforts to develop joint projects for the development of local production and testing of remote sensing satellites and communications, taking into account the current trends in the industry;
- to recommend Kazakhstan to become a full-fledged participant in the world markets for remote sensing and telecommunications, by participating in the newly created satellite constellations, creating and managing space systems on the basis of the National Space Center;
- to study the possibility and prepare proposals for the organization of joint development projects, as well as the organization of joint assembly facilities for advanced unmanned aerial vehicles with a view to entering the world market with a joint product;
- to strengthen integration in the interests of mastering and introducing new technical solutions for space and aviation;
- exchange experience in the field of mastering new technological processes aimed at improving the quality of products and the speed of development and introduction of new technologies;
- to create on the basis of a single technological platform a knowledge base that facilitates the search for and access to information about new projects, developments in the field of technologies and processes for the aerospace industry sector.
in the part of launch services:
- continue cooperation with leading companies providing launch services;
- to welcome the establishment of the environmentally safe Baiterek space rocket complex by the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- to actively carry out work on the implementation of international projects in the field of Mars research and the creation of global communication systems;
- exchange experience in the field of launch services.
Participants of the Eurasian Aerospace Conference following the results of the reports heard and the exchange of opinions and experiences came to the following decisions and recommendations:
- continue joint scientific research with the world's leading astrophysical centers and international unions;
- continue work on the creation of the "Unified Information System of the CIS member states to protect against biohazards" under the Interparliamentary Assembly of CIS Member states;
- continue to develop quantum optical systems of spacecraft trajectory measurements and optico-electronic space debris control systems in the interests of international cooperation;
- to consider the possibility and prepare proposals for the creation of a Russian-Kazakh center for physical modeling of the impact of space factors on radio electronic equipment and elements of spacecraft;
- to recommend the organization and holding of a roundtable in the framework of the Third Eurasian Aerospace Congress on Cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of management of the development of advanced samples of unmanned aerial vehicles.